Gaza Strip-Israeli Airstrike/UN Clinic/Survivors
Jabalia, Gaza Strip - April 2, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of scene inside UN clinic after Israeli attack; people clearing debris
2. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Hussain Abuelaish, eyewitness:
"We are all civilian refugees here, no militants, no weapons. We were eating breakfast when the strike hit."
3. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Khaled Almadhoun, eyewitness:
"We are shocked by this disaster. Little children have been killed. The oldest among them was 10 years old, and the youngest just 10 days old. We have been searching through the rubble for their bodies, and all we can do is pray that Allah takes them into His care. They were all innocent civilians. There were no Hamas militants or weapons here."
4. Various of scene inside UN clinic after Israeli attack; people clearing debris
5. Various of people inside damaged buildings sifting through debris
6. Various of exterior of damaged buildings, pedestrians
Survivors from Wednesday's Israeli airstrike on a UN clinic in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza described scenes of devastation, saying those killed were civilians, including children as young as 10 days old.
Witnesses recounted how families seeking shelter were caught in the strike, with no militants or weapons present at the site. Many were having breakfast when the explosion tore through the clinic, turning what was meant to be a place of safety into rubble.
"We are all civilian refugees here, no militants, no weapons. We were eating breakfast when the strike hit," said Hussain Abuelaish, who survived the attack.
Another eyewitness, Khaled Almadhoun, expressed grief over the loss of so many children.
"We are shocked by this disaster. Little children have been killed. The oldest among them was 10 years old, and the youngest just 10 days old. We have been searching through the rubble for their bodies, and all we can do is pray that Allah takes them into His care. They were all innocent civilians. There were no Hamas militants or weapons here," he said.
The attack killed at least 19 people, including nine children, according to the Palestinian health authorities.
The clinic, run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), had been providing medical care and shelter for displaced families. The Israeli army later stated that the site was being used by Hamas as a command center, an accusation that Hamas rejected as baseless.
Israel ended a two-month ceasefire on March 18 and resumed deadly air and ground assaults on the Palestinian enclave.
The renewed Israeli attacks have so far killed 1,163 Palestinians and injured 2,735 others, Gaza health authorities said Thursday.
The death toll in Gaza since the war began in October 2023 has risen to 50,523, with 114,776 injured, the authorities said.
Gaza Strip-Israeli Airstrike/UN Clinic/Survivors
Dateline : April 2, 2025
Location : Gaza Strip
Duration : 2'03
Jabalia, Gaza Strip - April 2, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of scene inside UN clinic after Israeli attack; people clearing debris
2. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Hussain Abuelaish, eyewitness:
"We are all civilian refugees here, no militants, no weapons. We were eating breakfast when the strike hit."
3. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Khaled Almadhoun, eyewitness:
"We are shocked by this disaster. Little children have been killed. The oldest among them was 10 years old, and the youngest just 10 days old. We have been searching through the rubble for their bodies, and all we can do is pray that Allah takes them into His care. They were all innocent civilians. There were no Hamas militants or weapons here."
4. Various of scene inside UN clinic after Israeli attack; people clearing debris
5. Various of people inside damaged buildings sifting through debris
6. Various of exterior of damaged buildings, pedestrians
Survivors from Wednesday's Israeli airstrike on a UN clinic in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza described scenes of devastation, saying those killed were civilians, including children as young as 10 days old.
Witnesses recounted how families seeking shelter were caught in the strike, with no militants or weapons present at the site. Many were having breakfast when the explosion tore through the clinic, turning what was meant to be a place of safety into rubble.
"We are all civilian refugees here, no militants, no weapons. We were eating breakfast when the strike hit," said Hussain Abuelaish, who survived the attack.
Another eyewitness, Khaled Almadhoun, expressed grief over the loss of so many children.
"We are shocked by this disaster. Little children have been killed. The oldest among them was 10 years old, and the youngest just 10 days old. We have been searching through the rubble for their bodies, and all we can do is pray that Allah takes them into His care. They were all innocent civilians. There were no Hamas militants or weapons here," he said.
The attack killed at least 19 people, including nine children, according to the Palestinian health authorities.
The clinic, run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), had been providing medical care and shelter for displaced families. The Israeli army later stated that the site was being used by Hamas as a command center, an accusation that Hamas rejected as baseless.
Israel ended a two-month ceasefire on March 18 and resumed deadly air and ground assaults on the Palestinian enclave.
The renewed Israeli attacks have so far killed 1,163 Palestinians and injured 2,735 others, Gaza health authorities said Thursday.
The death toll in Gaza since the war began in October 2023 has risen to 50,523, with 114,776 injured, the authorities said.
ID : 8422546
Published : 2025-04-04 02:06
Last Modified : 2025-04-04 16:02:52
Source : China Global Television Network (CGTN)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More