Russia/Ukraine-Crisis/Update

Russia, Ukraine accuse each other of attacking energy facilities

  • English

Shotlist


Location Unknown - Released on April 3, 2025 (Courtesy of Russian Defense Ministry - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of rocket launcher firing
2. Aerial shots of targets being hit
3. Various of soldier firing weapon
4. Aerial shot of target being hit

FILE: Moscow, Russia - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Russian Defense Ministry building

FILE: Moscow, Russia - May 3, 2023 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
6. Various of Saint Basil's Cathedral, Kremlin Clock

FILE: Kiev, Ukraine - 2018 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
7. Various of Ukrainian parliament building

FILE: Kiev, Ukraine - Feb 19, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
8. Various of traffic

FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
9. Various of White House

FILE: Brussels, Belgium - April 3, 2024 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
10. NATO flag
11. "NATO Star" sculpture
12. NATO headquarters, flags

Storyline


Russia and Ukraine on Thursday again accused each other of hitting energy infrastructure despite a previous agreement to halt strikes on such facilities.

The Russian Ministry of Defense reported that over the past 24 hours, Russian forces had gained control of two settlements and struck Ukrainian military aviation rocket industry facilities, drone production workshops, ammunition depots, among other targets.

At the same time, Russia claimed that Ukrainian forces had deliberately attacked Russian energy infrastructure four times, leading to disruptions in civilian energy supplies in multiple areas.

On the same day, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces stated that the Ukrainian military has always adhered to the agreement and strictly limited its attacks to Russian military targets. In contrast, Russia has repeatedly attacked Ukrainian energy facilities located in Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, and other areas, it said.

After their separate talks with U.S. delegations in late March, Russia and Ukraine agreed to develop measures implementing a 30-day ceasefire on energy infrastructure.

Also on Thursday, Russian and Ukrainian representatives had communication, respectively, with the U.S. side.

Kirill Dmitriev, the chief of Russia's sovereign wealth fund, who was appointed last month as Kremlin's special envoy on international economic and investment cooperation, held a meeting with U.S. representatives in Washington on Thursday.

The meeting made America's European allies concerned that the easing of Russia-U.S. relations, as well as the potential marginalization of EU countries in negotiations over the Ukraine issue, would pose a serious threat to NATO.

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Andrii Sybiha said he met with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio at the NATO Headquarters on Thursday and discussed the issues including a ceasefire between Ukraine and Russia, and Ukraine-U.S. cooperation on minerals.

Sybiha reaffirmed Ukraine's "strong commitment to peace efforts" and welcomed "U.S. leadership" in this matter, according to a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.

On a separate note, Sybiha reaffirmed Ukraine's interest in developing mutually beneficial investments and mineral resource cooperation with the U.S., the statement said.

The National News Agency of Ukraine, or Ukrinform, reported that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky emphasized Ukraine's "red lines" in peace negotiations.

Zelensky stated that the regions controlled by Russia are forever an inseparable part of Ukraine's territory, and this will be the primary principle in any future peace talks. He also mentioned that the possibility of gradually reclaiming the occupied territories through diplomatic means will not be ruled out.

Additionally, Zelensky said that Ukraine will maintain its current military force size.

DOWNLOAD
  • ID : 8422567
  • Dateline : April 3, 2025/File
  • Location : Russia;Ukraine
  • Category : Other
  • Duration : 1'48
  • Audio Language : Nats/Part Mute
  • Source : CCTV Video News Agency,China Central Television (CCTV),Other
  • Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
  • Published : 2025-04-04 09:15
  • Last Modified : 2025-04-04 14:20:14
  • Version : 3

Russia/Ukraine-Crisis/Update

Russia, Ukraine accuse each other of attacking energy facilities

Dateline : April 3, 2025/File

Location : Russia;Ukraine

Duration : 1'48

  • English


Location Unknown - Released on April 3, 2025 (Courtesy of Russian Defense Ministry - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of rocket launcher firing
2. Aerial shots of targets being hit
3. Various of soldier firing weapon
4. Aerial shot of target being hit

FILE: Moscow, Russia - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Russian Defense Ministry building

FILE: Moscow, Russia - May 3, 2023 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
6. Various of Saint Basil's Cathedral, Kremlin Clock

FILE: Kiev, Ukraine - 2018 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
7. Various of Ukrainian parliament building

FILE: Kiev, Ukraine - Feb 19, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
8. Various of traffic

FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
9. Various of White House

FILE: Brussels, Belgium - April 3, 2024 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
10. NATO flag
11. "NATO Star" sculpture
12. NATO headquarters, flags


Russia and Ukraine on Thursday again accused each other of hitting energy infrastructure despite a previous agreement to halt strikes on such facilities.

The Russian Ministry of Defense reported that over the past 24 hours, Russian forces had gained control of two settlements and struck Ukrainian military aviation rocket industry facilities, drone production workshops, ammunition depots, among other targets.

At the same time, Russia claimed that Ukrainian forces had deliberately attacked Russian energy infrastructure four times, leading to disruptions in civilian energy supplies in multiple areas.

On the same day, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces stated that the Ukrainian military has always adhered to the agreement and strictly limited its attacks to Russian military targets. In contrast, Russia has repeatedly attacked Ukrainian energy facilities located in Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, and other areas, it said.

After their separate talks with U.S. delegations in late March, Russia and Ukraine agreed to develop measures implementing a 30-day ceasefire on energy infrastructure.

Also on Thursday, Russian and Ukrainian representatives had communication, respectively, with the U.S. side.

Kirill Dmitriev, the chief of Russia's sovereign wealth fund, who was appointed last month as Kremlin's special envoy on international economic and investment cooperation, held a meeting with U.S. representatives in Washington on Thursday.

The meeting made America's European allies concerned that the easing of Russia-U.S. relations, as well as the potential marginalization of EU countries in negotiations over the Ukraine issue, would pose a serious threat to NATO.

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Andrii Sybiha said he met with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio at the NATO Headquarters on Thursday and discussed the issues including a ceasefire between Ukraine and Russia, and Ukraine-U.S. cooperation on minerals.

Sybiha reaffirmed Ukraine's "strong commitment to peace efforts" and welcomed "U.S. leadership" in this matter, according to a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.

On a separate note, Sybiha reaffirmed Ukraine's interest in developing mutually beneficial investments and mineral resource cooperation with the U.S., the statement said.

The National News Agency of Ukraine, or Ukrinform, reported that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky emphasized Ukraine's "red lines" in peace negotiations.

Zelensky stated that the regions controlled by Russia are forever an inseparable part of Ukraine's territory, and this will be the primary principle in any future peace talks. He also mentioned that the possibility of gradually reclaiming the occupied territories through diplomatic means will not be ruled out.

Additionally, Zelensky said that Ukraine will maintain its current military force size.

ID : 8422567

Published : 2025-04-04 09:15

Last Modified : 2025-04-04 14:20:14

Source : CCTV Video News Agency,China Central Television (CCTV),Other

Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland

More



Login
Username
Password
code
Sign In
OK